SCB Group companies act as brokers only and no agency, partnership,
joint venture or employment relationship exists between clients or any other party and any
SCB Group companies. SCB Group companies are never
contract parties to transactions and have no control or discretion over
the trading positions or orders of clients. All principal, credit,
delivery and analysis decisions and responsibilities are borne
exclusively by contract parties.
Full terms and conditions of service are
available on demand. Clients are encouraged to request and retain SCB
Group companies full terms and conditions of service.
SCB Group companies are
independently run and managed. The term "SCB Group" is a marketing
construction to denote a group of companies cooperating on promotion and
other similar goals. SCB Group companies do not and can not bind other
SCB Group companies. Where the term "SCB" is used in this website or in
any communication the intention may be to reference "SCB Group
companies" if the issue is a promotional reference or it may be to
denote a specific "SCB Group company" if the reference or communication
relates to any transaction being negotiated, contract terms or some
other formal issue.
NOTICE TO INSTANT MESSAGE CONTACTS: Please note that SCB Group companies routinely record
and retain Instant Message communications. These communications are then held for the
security of all parties and will be used in the event of a dispute to
TO EMAIL RECIPIENTS: Internet e-mail may be susceptible to data
corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment for which SCB Group
companies do not accept liability. Whilst SCB Group companies have taken
reasonable precautions to ensure that e-mails and any attachments have
been swept for viruses, SCB Group companies do not accept liability for
any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Statements in e-mail
messages or attachments that do not relate to the business of SCB Group
companies are neither given nor endorsed by the Company or their
note that SCB Group companies reserve the right to intercept, monitor,
and retain e-mail messages to and from their systems as permitted by
applicable law. If you are not comfortable with the risks associated
with e-mail messages, you may decide not to use e-mail to communicate
with SCB Group companies but use alternative methods of communication.
Group companies email policies do not require that "cc" recipients read
or respond to an email. SCB Group companies policies are that "cc"
recipients are being included either as a courtesy or to ensure a
discussion is carried out in public or to give persons an opportunity to
become involved in a discussion should they wish to do so.
TO TELEPHONE CONTACTS: Please note that SCB Group companies routinely
record telephone conversations on all lines. These conversations are
then held for the security of all parties and will be used in the event
of a dispute to ascertain facts.
NOTICE ON REGULATORY COMPLIANCE:
& Associates Limited (United Kingdom) is authorised and regulated
by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK FRN: 592324
& Associates SA (Switzerland) is authorised as an Appointed
Representative of SCB & Associates Limited who are regulated by the
Financial Conduct Authority in the UK FRN: 610633
Derivatives LLC (United States of America) is authorised and regulated
by the National Futures Association in the USA: 0440120
SCB Brokers LLC (United States of America) is authorised and regulated
by the National Futures Association in the USA: 0484646
SCB Brokers SA (Switzerland) is authorised and regulated by the National Futures Association in the USA: 0510531
Under CME, ICE and CFTC regulations, a broker negotiating a block trade on behalf of a customer may disclose the identity of the customer to potential counterparties only if the broker has received that party’s permission to do so. In many markets, it is common practice for market participants to disclose counterparty information. To avoid unnecessary delays in block trade execution, SCB will not seek permission to disclose counterparty information on a per trade basis in these markets. If a customer does not wish for its identity to be disclosed, it shall notify the broker.
Regulatory notice for Australian resident clients of SCB & Associates PTE (SCB)
SCB can only provide services to Australian resident clients that are "professional investors" within the meaning of that term in the Corporations Act 2001. SCB is exempt from the requirement to hold an Australian financial services licence in respect of the financial services which it provides to Australian resident clients. Accordingly, Australian resident clients will not have the benefit of the legislative protections that would apply if they were using the services of an Australian licensed entity.
NOTICE ON PRIVACY:
SCB ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.starcb.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 UK, (the Act), the data controller is SCB Group, Avenue de Perdtemps 17, CH 1260, Nyon, Switzerland
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.starcb.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use our site, our services, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions via our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph. If you make a job application via our site, you may need to provide information about your education, employment, region of interest and role you are applying for. Your application will confirm your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and to allow us to carry out any monitoring activities which may be required of us under applicable law as an employer.
· Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006, UK.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If SCB or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at SCBIT@starcb.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.